the volunteer fundraising committee and events team supporting Appledore Lifeboat by organising a variety of local fundraising events throughout the year, helping the RNLI to save lives at sea
Appledore has had a lifeboat since 1829 with boats at Braunton Burrows, Northam Burrows and Appledore in the early years to rescue casualties on each side of the Bideford Bar. Appledore became the main lifeboat station in 1919, with the first motorised lifeboat arriving in 1922. The fund-raising Guild has existed for as long as the lifeboat station, supporting the local crew and helping to save lives at sea. Today RNLI Appledore has three boats, the Tamar-class all weather boat (AWB) 'Mollie Hunt', the Atlantic 85 inshore lifeboat (ILB) 'Glanely' and the smaller D-class boarding boat for estuary rescues.